THE FINAL
For our final project in this class I decided to change my big idea from power to binaries. What I really wanted to focus on when doing this project is the type of people in the world and how opposite the lives of those people can be. What I pictured for my final project is taking two pictures of myself with each binary represented in each picture and then bringing them together so that my face is split in half showing the binaries on either side. Therefore, a few binaries I took into consideration were rich and poor, jock and nerd, young and old, and finally in-shape and out-of-shape. But the two I picked in the end were rich and poor and jock and nerd. I know these two sets of binaries are very opposite of each other and a lot can be done to show this. First, for the rich and poor, I am going to really use photoshop to make the "rich" picture of me look very clean and perfect with no flaws, but the for the "poor" picture use the program to make myself look dirty and grungy. Using the colors and retouching tools will really help me accomplish this, as well as, using some masks. For the piece of work that represents the jock and nerd, I'l take the jock picture and make me look big and tough with a stadium in the background in addition to girls. For the "nerd" picture I will look very scared and weak with many books and school supplies in the background. Honestly, what I think these projects can be used for is advertisements in high schools. These pictures demonstrate that everyone lives a different life, but this does not mean that they should be treated any different. No matter what a person has experienced throughout their life, good or bad, they deserve just as much as the next person.
The first inspiration I ran into was an artist by the name of Justin Maller. I do not know if it is easy to understand the inspiration because his one piece of artwork looked as if it was a binary, and so that is where I got the original thought to use binaries as my big idea. Another inspiration was just looking around on campus and seeing all of the different types of people. As you look around it allows you too see being your own person is okay, which will help me with this project. The final inspiration was materialistic items in life. I think people take for granted what they have because many people cannot have those items. The new photoshop technique that I am going to use to pull off everything I want to is masks, but specifically on the layers. I think I have not used it enough since we learned about it, and I think it is time to challenge myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment