Power of Nature
After thinking for a while I decided on the big idea of power. The theme I decided to work with was the power of nature. A couple things have inspired me, one being a dream I had that involved a tsunami. I thought it would be cool, then, to try and explore the power of nature artistically. A picture I found when searching for an artist for our first blog project also inspired me. The picture was inspired by hurricane Katrina. I think these two experiences led me to this project. When I started working I decided I wanted to take the route of a series. Therefore I took a city and put it through two scenarios of weather. I feel as though it would make a strong series to put this city through all types of weather and my two pieces of work are just the beginning of it. The first picture I created involves a tornado and the power it can do as well as the power of water. My second piece of artwork deals with the power of fire and how big they can get, and it demonstrates how hard it is for the fire department to handle. I found all these pictures on Flickr. In the end I think this Subject matter is very important because it is an issue being dealt with today because all around us we have natural disasters occurring so almost anyone can relate to this project.


No comments:
Post a Comment