For the two posters above, it is very obvious that they are aimed at two different audiences. The first poster of 300 uses completely different color schemes. In this poster it is much darker and the color deep red is used for the blood. These colors pull in a audience of men. What also pulls them in is the fact that it is just a man on the cover and he is screaming showing that he is above all other people. For The Ugly Truth, it has its own unique characteristics to pull in its audience. That audience is women and the fact that it has a man and woman on the front shows that it is not all about the man but that the woman is equal, if not better than him. And using an all white backdrop allows the audience to focus on the actors, and women are more about the characters of the film than men are. The 300 poster has so much more going on such as the other soldiers that get the target audience excited. Therefore, what I did to the 300 poster was make it brighter so the focus is on the actors, and I also added a woman in the picture to show the gender equality. I changed the font as well so it had a softer feel and more individuals would be attracted to it because woman do not always like the look of blood. In the end I believe looking at the two original posters, I was able to make a final poster that could attract men and women.



No comments:
Post a Comment