Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Final Inspiration.

Calvin Ho




These pieces of artwork are very appealing to me because of how unique they are.  You do not see these types of picture everyday.  What draw me in are the colors and the overall combination of colors and individual pictures.  The big idea that I believe is coming across in this work is identity.  You do not truly know who these people are.  They are different and they are their own person.  What I find inspiring is the technique used to bring the separate pictures together.  My question is where he got his inspiration.  Because of the fact that the big idea could possibly be identity I am very drawn in to this work and inspired.  I feel that I also want to use the big idea identity.  What I will take from these pieces is the colors chosen and how they all compliment each other and the chances he took in bringing so many small pictures together.  If I can get better at masks I believe I can really make my final project strong.


Justin Maller




 This artist has been able to really catch my eye just by the ideas he came up with in these pieces.  They are very modern which also pulls me in.  I believe they have a couple big ideas, and the first one I think is time which relates to the first picture because the tiger goes from the jungle to the building that looks as if it was built today.  So, it shows the progression of man over time.  The other one I am not quite sure on the big idea.  I think it could be identity or time because it looks like the same guys in both pictures so it is showing both sides of his personality, and time because of the progression from the back of the picture to the front.  What I find inspiring is the composition of the pictures and it really makes me wonder what they did to get their final products.  What I will take from these pictures for my final project is that I need to take chances and go outside of my comfort zone.  I think I would not normally do anything like this so it would be good to push myself in a different direction.  I could help myself with that by using tools I have never used before and experiment with them.



1 comment:

  1. Some exciting work to inspire your final. Cannot wait to see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete